My life as I follow Jesus Christ, and live life as a husband, father, friend, pastor, runner, coach, and sinner who found forgiveness and favor with God.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

FIFTY-TWO FRIDAYS: Valentines Day Edition

Well it's been awhile since I've posted much of anything, but today I thought I'd get everyone caught up on our goal of having one planned date each week of the year in 2009.

I missed week three because I had to fly to Spokane to attend (and officiate) my Grandma's funeral. We did some little things, but nothing that would qualify as a planned, special date.

Then last week we ventured to the Laurelhurst district in Portland and spent the morning at Crema Cafe, which is known for it's artistic foam lattes. It was lots of fun, very trendy, and there were about 15 people using Mac's (compared to 1 PC user), which solidified its coolness.

Then this week, we celebrated Valentines day with cards, a truffle or two, and then went to our original favorite place on NE Fremont: Alameda Cafe, where I indulged the best French Toast in the world, and Jenn had their special of the day: Quiche w/ fresh spinich and tomato. Elli isn't here yet, but I couldn't resist buying her a Valentine Card, so she could read it someday - that we were hoping today would be the day she was born!We then walked along Fremont, and went to our favorite (albeit expensive) pet store, Green Dog Pet Supply, and bought a valentine treat for Loomis and Gabby. Here they were patiently waiting to have their heart broken, so they could share.
As for the rest of Valentine's Day...well, we'll see. We sure would like Elliana to come today, but in the meantime there is some love to share!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Brian