So - I've decided to start a blog series called "Confessions of a Portland Church Planter" to prepare me to be a useful instrument for God to use in the city of Portland as we prepare to launch hopecity church in 2011.
Confession #1. I've lived in the city of Portland for almost 11 years, and I have yet to have a Voodoo Doughnut. It's simply unacceptable and borderline sinful to call yourself a local and yet not know the world famous creative flavors of what some people liken to heaven on earth.
Not only is this a confessional...but it's a promise as well. By next Friday, I will have done due diligence and allowed my tastebuds to partake in what is long overdue. The only question is...which Voodoo shall I choose?
Here are a few options...
- Grape Ape: (raised doughnut with vanilla frosting and grape powder)
- Dirt: (raised doughnut covered with vanilla glaze and oreo cookies)
- Arnold Palmer: (cake doughnut covered with lemon and tea powder)
- Butter Fingering: (Devils food, vanilla, and crushed Butterfinger)
- Neapolitan: (chocolate doughnut with vanilla frosting and strawberry quick powder)
- Triple Chocolate Penetration: (chocolate doughnut, chocolate glaze, and cocoa-puffs)
- Voodoo Doughnut: (voodoo doll doughnut)
- Dirty Snowball: (chocolate cake doughnut covered with pink marshmallow glaze and surprise filling)
- The Memphis Mafia: (chocolate chips/banana/ peanutbutter/glaze big!)
- Portland Creme: (raised doughnut filled with creme and covered in chocolate with two eyes)
- Nyquil Glazed and pepto-bismol (currently on hold)
- VEGAN: (thats right, vegan doughnuts! assorted flavors, come in and eat many)