My life as I follow Jesus Christ, and live life as a husband, father, friend, pastor, runner, coach, and sinner who found forgiveness and favor with God.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer S.T.I.R. day one: Save

Each day, one of the youth staff will be posting their S.T.I.R. from the Switch Summer Challenge Books on myspace.

Yesterday, this was my post. I think I'll keep blogging my S.T.I.R.'s all summer long.

THEME: SAVE

S.cripture: Matthew 1:21 "And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."

T.eaching: Jesus' primary focus was to save people from their sins.

I.mpact: Sometimes I forget the magnitude of what life in Christ is all about. It's simply not debateable - He came to save me from my sin not just to make me happy or bless me - those things are great but following Christ means so much more!

R.esponse: Dear Jesus, help me to have the right perspective of living for You. I don't want to take You for granted. Thank you for saving me from my sin! I love you.

Love Brian

No comments: