My life as I follow Jesus Christ, and live life as a husband, father, friend, pastor, runner, coach, and sinner who found forgiveness and favor with God.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer S.T.I.R. day two: Listen - More

All Summer long our youth ministry, Switch, is going "GOSPELICIOUS". We reading through all the gospels in 90 days and each day we S.T.I.R. it up based on the one verse that really hit us hard that day. 2 Peter 3:1 says "Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior..." so that's where we got the STIR idea from - that reading Scripture should "stir" us up. Enjoy!

THEME: Can You Hear Me Now?

S.cripture: "When Heord died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt and told him, "Get up..." ...So Joseph returned immediately." Matthew 2:19-20a,21a

T.eaching: Joseph was able to hear God speak to him, and when he heard - he obeyed.

I.mpact: I wonder if God wnats to speak to me more in different ways like in dreams, but because my mind is so full of other stuff it becomes harder to hear His voice...

R.esponse: Dear Jesus, Help me to listen closely and to keep my thoughts fixed on You so that I can go where You want me to go and hear the things You want me to hear. I will focus more on You today. Love Brian

No comments: