My life as I follow Jesus Christ, and live life as a husband, father, friend, pastor, runner, coach, and sinner who found forgiveness and favor with God.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Me and my Study Partner/Baby


Just wanted everyone to know how much I'm enjoying my Friday, as I prep to speak tonight at our annual Men's Retreat. The source of my smile doesn't come from the study, but from my baby girl who is chillin' next to me as she sleeps. She's 19 days old, and we had to wait over 8 years for her arrival, but boy was she worth the wait!

As for the prep - talking about the call of a leader - once David was anointed with oil and "called" to be King, it says in 1 Samuel 16:
13 So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the LORD came upon David in power.

"From that day on". David went back to the sheep fields after that and stayed there for years before becoming King...but once he was called I believe he saw sheep differently, he saw lions, and bears differently, he saw isolation differently...why? Because he was now "called."

If we understand that God has called us to something greater than the mundane, it will change the way we view life and prepare us for the days ahead.

You are called.

No comments: