My life as I follow Jesus Christ, and live life as a husband, father, friend, pastor, runner, coach, and sinner who found forgiveness and favor with God.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Got My Sunday Preach On: Get INTO That Pit!


I'm up to bat for two straight Sundays, so I'm continuing a series I started this Summer called "Lord, Make Us Dangerous" (with props to the peeps that did the "ONE PRAYER" series...I believe Perry Noble preached with that theme, and I turned it into a five week series).

This week the sub-title was "GET INTO THAT PIT", using the story from 2 Samuel 23:20:
"Benaiah son of Jehoiada was a valiant fighter from Kabzeel, who performed great exploits. He struck down two of Moab's best men. He also went down into a pit on a snowy day and killed a lion."

Benaiah not only lived dangerously, he altered his path in order to find danger. We must follow his example and be dangerous people who live to bring light to darkness in very intentional ways.


You can here the message here. Next week I'm going to talk about the types of pits we should get into: Destiny Pits and Everyday Pits, and communicate the missional lifestyle. Can't wait!

No comments: