Monday, January 12, 2009
so...about those New Year resolutions....
One week in the books and as I look at my New Year Goals for 2009, I have to admit that I have a long way to go. Too often blogging can be about all the great things you do, without owning up to the shortcomings that also are ever-present in our lives. So - here is how I did in week one.
- took Jenn on a planned date
- participated in the GBF fast Mon-Wed
- only ran 11 miles (instead of 25)
- missed a couple days of my "read through the Bible plan" (but did read a bunch of other Scripture)
- didn't read ANYTHING out of my new books...but I somehow found a way to play a lot of Mario Kart on the Wii...
- ate like a pig (as seen in the date post...but it was worse than that...I weighed in at 194.5 today, and couldn't fit into some shirts yesterday! I should be about 185 or less...
- didn't hand-write a note...
What now?!? Adjust. The goals are good and reachable. I'm really focusing this week on reaching these goals, and am uber-determined right now to work out and eat right. I renewed my gym membership at Bally's (one year/$99 - can't beat that!), and have started tracking progress again. I'm also writing in time to read and write letters into my schedule which is key.
So there you go. Far from perfect - but far from lethargic. By keeping my goals in front of me, and reviewing the progress each week, I should be able to accomplish much more than living life carelessly!