My life as I follow Jesus Christ, and live life as a husband, father, friend, pastor, runner, coach, and sinner who found forgiveness and favor with God.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer S.T.I.R. day sixteen: Never Forget

All Summer long our youth ministry, Switch, is going "GOSPELICIOUS". We reading through all the gospels in 90 days and each day we S.T.I.R. it up based on the one verse that really hit us hard that day. 2 Peter 3:1-2 says "Beloved, I now write to you...in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior..." so that's where we got the STIR idea from - that reading Scripture should "stir" us up. Enjoy!

S.cripture: Matthew 16:8a,11b: Why are you so worried about having no food? Won't you ever understand? Don't you remember the 5000 I fed with five loaves, and the baskets of food that were left over? Don't you remember the 4000 I fed with seven loaves, with baskets of food left over? How could you even think I was talking about food?

T.eaching: We must not forget the past provisions of God to fuel our faith for the present.

I.mpact: I am reminded not to doubt, but be secure in the ability my God has to provide everything I need.

R.esponse: Dear Jesus - thank you for taking care of me and providing everything I need. I am secure in your provision for today. I will stay focused on what truly matters - hearing you speak to me. I love You. Love Brian

No comments: