My life as I follow Jesus Christ, and live life as a husband, father, friend, pastor, runner, coach, and sinner who found forgiveness and favor with God.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer S.T.I.R. day twenty-one: Look who's first

All Summer long our youth ministry, Switch, is going "GOSPELICIOUS". We reading through all the gospels in 90 days and each day we S.T.I.R. it up based on the one verse that really hit us hard that day. 2 Peter 3:1-2 says "Beloved, I now write to you...in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior..." so that's where we got the STIR idea from - that reading Scripture should "stir" us up. Enjoy!

S.cripture: Matthew 21:36 "I assure you, corrupt tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the Kingdom of God before you do."

T.eaching: It doesn't matter what you've done - what matters is that you believe now.

I.mpact: I can be forgiven of all.

R.esponse: Thank you Jesus - that sinners of all kinds such as mysel can enter the Kingdom of heaven because You died for us! I love You. Love Brian

No comments: