My life as I follow Jesus Christ, and live life as a husband, father, friend, pastor, runner, coach, and sinner who found forgiveness and favor with God.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Summertime Journey through the Bible (Josh 1 - 15)


I decided today (a couple weeks late) to begin blogging through my summertime journey through the Bible. This will help record my thoughts - it's really for me, but all the better if you get something out of it too! I'm trying to read through the Bible in 90 days, even though I don't think I've ever read through the Bible in a year. The purpose is to have my Bible open all summer, and to let God breathe fresh on my life.

Today's Impact:
  • The Israelities take Jericho. Check this out. The walls of Jericho that fell were some of the earliest fortifications known to mankind. No other city had walls. It was the first of it's kind. So that means that the first city that God conquered was the MOST fortified, the MOST intimidating, and the MOST difficult to conquer...He went straight for the impossible to show his glory and power.
I am reminded that when God enters a life, we can have faith that the most intimidating wall in that life can fall by the power of God. Nothing should intimidate us - go after it. Addictions, lifestyles, life-long habits - no matter what it is - those wall will fall. Expect it.
I am reminded that nothing can destroy faith...nothing can rob victory...more than when we refuse to "devote to destruction" the things that don't honor God and don't belong in our lives. Woah.








No comments: