My life as I follow Jesus Christ, and live life as a husband, father, friend, pastor, runner, coach, and sinner who found forgiveness and favor with God.

Friday, June 19, 2009

My Summertime Journey through the Bible (Judges 13 - 1 Sam 3)


I've begun blogging through my summertime journey through the Bible. This will help record my thoughts - it's really for me, but all the better if you get something out of it too! I'm trying to read through the Bible in 90 days, even though I don't think I've ever read through the Bible in a year. The purpose is to have my Bible open all summer, and to let God breathe fresh on my life.

Today's Impact:

Delilah was the THIRD Philistine woman who Samson got involved with. The first couple times we do something sinful may seem harmless enough, but it's building to a crescendo that will bring a mighty fall. My guess is that Samson thought Delilah was just as "harmless" as the previous two encounters he had (Judges 14:1; Judges 16:1; Judges 16:4)

No comments: