My life as I follow Jesus Christ, and live life as a husband, father, friend, pastor, runner, coach, and sinner who found forgiveness and favor with God.

Monday, December 8, 2008

The Wonderful Weight of Responsibility

Today I begin a series of posts on RESPONSIBILITY

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:29-30 (ESV)

"One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much. If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?" Luke 16:10-11 (ESV)

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:6 (NIV)

Here is a thought that is just rocking me right now. Life can only be embraced and enjoyed when embracing the responsibility that has been given to you.

No one likes a dead-beat dad, who ditches his family and then won't even pay child support.
No one likes a co-worker who is a slacker - always cutting corners.

No one is happy and excited about life when they aren't fulfilling their responsibility. I don't need to be rich, I don't need notoriety, and I certainly don't need a new life. I simply need to clarify the responsibilities that God has given me with my life involving my family, relationships, job, city, and world, and then live to fulfill my responsibility.

In ministry people often think of success in terms of numbers and who you know, but God is simply asking me to fulfill the responsibilities He has given me whether or not promotion comes in terms of people's viewpoint is up to God.

What is God asking you to do with your life?
What do you need to do each day to fulfill your responsibility?
Why run from certain responsibilities when fulfilling them will truly give you energy and excitement?

Don't run from the wonderful weight of responsibility...It's where life, purpose and a sense of accomplishment can be found.

peace out
B.

No comments: