My life as I follow Jesus Christ, and live life as a husband, father, friend, pastor, runner, coach, and sinner who found forgiveness and favor with God.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Do You See What I See?


16He said, "Do not be afraid, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17Then Elisha prayed and said, "O LORD, please open his eyes that he may see." So the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 18And when the Syrians came down against him, Elisha prayed to the LORD and said, "Please strike this people with blindness." So he struck them with blindness in accordance with the prayer of Elisha. (2 Kings 6:16-18)
Do you see what I see? Depends on your faith. While some people see insurmountable odds, I see an opportunity for God to prove His glory and power. While some people are critical with their assessment, I am hopeful with grace. While some people ditch when the battle increases, I dig in and shout out a war cry.

There comes a time when you must refuse to believe your eyes and choose to see with faith, which, afterall, is the evidence of things NOT SEEN.

Back in the day we stole a line from Pete Greig who wrote the book Awakening Cry: "UCBONES, ICANARMY" (you see bones, I see an army)...and I want to ask you - what kind of believer are you going to be - one that can only see the bones, or the one that can see the army.

God is attracted to faith, and when we combine our faith with movement, we become an unstoppbable force. Giddy up. It's war time!

B.

No comments: